Sunday, June 6, 2010

I believe in yesterday


n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n

On Friday I was jobless and unsure of the 2010-2011 school year. Disappointment has been following me, it seems, through my job applications and interviews. Seventy-something school resume's later and three school interviews behind my belt I was FINALLY offered a 3rd grade teaching position on Saturday.
I received a phone call on Friday to come in for the school interview on Saturday. Yes, strange they were conducting interviews on the weekend but I hardly gave it any thought. The interview went well and I was offered the job before I walked out the door. What a blessing. I wasn't expecting to find out so soon but God seemed to understand my panic with the last interview (which I didn't get) and He knew this was the right job for me.

I'm excited, nervous, eager and edgy. I hope to track all of my first year adventures via this blog, mostly for my own amusement. Maybe when I'm having a bad day I can look back and laugh at myself (or someone else...ahem. But, um, I would NEVER laugh at a student...)
Since I intend to keep this public, I am not revealing my name, the school I will work at or actual names of any students. So if you've been invited by me to read this blog please refrain from saying any of this information.

I feel like I have so much to do! Oh boy.




2 comments: